Bill Rauhauser, born in Detroit in 1918, received a bachelor degree in Architectural Engineering in 1943 from the University of Detroit. He spent 18 years in the engineering field before a career change into the field of education. Over the next 30 years, Bill taught photography at The Center for Creative Studies (now College for Creative Studies), with 1 year as guest lecturer at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and 4 years at Wayne State University. He was appointed Professor Emeritus by CCS and is currently serving as Artist Advisor for the Board of Directors of the Dept. of Prints, Drawings and Photographs of the Detroit Institute of Arts. Bill is listed in the Archives of American Art at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C. The many exhibitions of his work include “The Family of Man” show at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. Bill has been involved in photography for over 60 years and opened the first Midwest gallery in 1964 to show only photographs. He has made Detroit his main subject, walking its streets and alleys with his camera from the 1940s, and many of his photographs are in the collection of the Detroit Institute of Arts as well as in numerous private collections. Book publications of his photographs include: “Bill Rauhauser – 20th Century Photography in Detroit” (2010); “Beauty on the Streets of Detroit” (2008); “Detroit Auto Show Images of the 1970s” (2007); “Bob-Lo Revisited” (2003); and “Detroit Revisited” (2000). He has also co-curated a number of exhibitions for the Detroit Institute of Arts, including “The Car and the Camera” in 1996.
Gorgeous portraits of birds by Raj Shelke, a gifted self-taught photographer, and birdwatcher from Belgaum,
Pink and surreal photo manipulations by Martyna Sobalak, a gifted digital artist, and graphic designer